Sturtevant’s fully equipped test facility in Hanover, MA is capable of processing dry solids from ¼” to 0.5 microns. Relying on Sturtevant’s years of experience, customers can evaluate and determine the best way to achieve fine particle sizes, validate product expectations and confirm economic feasibility.
Qualified laboratory technicians optimize equipment capacity and provide valuable observations, such as wear protection requirements and material handling recommendations. The data derived is used to scale-up to production equipment and to provide performance guarantees. Short-term contract manufacturing is available while equipment is being manufactured.
The process equipment in the test facility includes jet mills, air classifying mills, pin mills, jaw crushers, roll crushers, disc mills, hammermills and air classifiers, using variable speed controls. In addition, the lab is equipped to measure low micron powders with a wet/dry laser analyzer, fine powders with wet/dry sieves, particle shape with microscopy, blaine/surface area, bulk density, and moisture content.
Customers who take the opportunity to visit the facility benefit from hands-on experience, equipment operator training and technical presentations. Customer confidentiality is maintained throughout the testing process and the accompanying exchange of any proprietary information.
Sample testing must be scheduled. To arrange for a mutually convenient time, contact our Sales Department at 1-800-992-0209. Please follow the proper sample testing and evaluation procedures outlined below. Do not send sample materials until contacting Sturtevant for a Material Authorization Number. Materials can’t be processed or tested without a current Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Additional information may be required to ensure our employee’s safety.
Prior to scheduling a test, the following information is needed:
- Completed MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Sturtevant Information Request Form
- Approval from Sturtevant’s Safety Committee with a MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION NUMBER to ensure safe handling and processing of your material
- Purchase order to cover the estimated cost of the test
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MATERIAL PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE
We unfortunately cannot safely handle all materials and may be forced to return certain unsuitable materials. Prior approval could save you unnecessary freight expenses. After approval by our Safety Committee, your materials may be sent, freight prepaid, to our Customer Testing Center:
Sturtevant Processing Division
CUSTOMER TEST CENTER
348 Circuit Street
Hanover, MA 02339
Material Authorization Number __________.
- We are unable to accept collect shipments at our Customer Test Center. Materials sent collect are subject to being returned at your expense.
- Sturtevant Safety Committee requires a Material Safety Data Sheet or equivalent and must be advised of any hazards involved in the handling and processing of customer’s materials.
- We will return all the material we have received from you, including wastes, which will be packed separately.
- For the safety of our personnel, Sturtevant Material Authorization Number must appear on outside of all shipments, or shipment will be refused.
- Waiver of fees or credit against equipment purchase may apply and is evaluated on a case by case basis.