Animal Feed Processing
Animal By-Products – Double Your Profits
Proper pet nutrition is important to pet owners in the selection of their pet foods and pet manufacturers want to deliver better pet foods to meet customer demands. As a result, renderers and animal protein companies convert animal by-products into value-added feed ingredients and create superior products at competitive prices. To do so, they need to develop high-protein, high-energy feed ingredients that are highly-digestible.
The cooking, defatting, milling and screening process produces a dry poultry meal that contains too much ash. Domestic pets can’t digest animal feed with a high ash content.
Sturtevant’s Solution: Whirlwind® Air Classifiers
Sturtevant Whirlwind® Air Classifiers offers an exceptional ability to separate poultry meal and other animal feeds into products with higher protein, higher mineral and reduced ash content. When animal feed meals made from poultry by-products are classified, the protein content can be increased thereby providing value added materials needed. The air classified coarse product with regular ash is used as the main poultry meal feed for chickens.
Whirlwind Air Classifier Features & Benefits
- Capability to process an extensive range of dry materials
- Higher capacity and finer separations than screeners
- Simple construction, low maintenance, easy-to-use controls
- Dial-in external fineness controls: no system shutdown to change products
- Maximized wear-resistance for abrasive materials in special applications
- Easily modified for air cooling or drying of product
- Safe classification for heat-sensitive materials
- No screens to wear, block, or tear
Sturtevant has been processing materials in crushing, grinding, blending and air classifying equipment since 1883. If you would like to receive assistance with your processing application, please contact us.