Dedust 200 mesh
For most quarries, wet washing is an all too familiar method of removing 200 Mesh fines from crushed stone screenings. Using water to separate fines is expensive and settling ponds require lots of land with added expenses.
Sturtevant’s Solution: Air Classifiers
The Sturtevant Whirlwind® Air Classifier provides the aggregate industry with an alternative to wet washing minus 200 mesh fines from crushed stone. Quarries can have a usable product and aren’t saddled with wet fines that have to be recovered from settling ponds or disposal costs.
Air classification provides the most effective means for separating a product from a feed stream, for dedusting. The Whirlwind recycles nearly all of the working airflow and does not require a cyclone or baghouse to recover the fines.
The Whirlwind® Air Classifier offers a dry dedusting alternative with several advantages
- Minimal land requirements – No settling ponds or land restoration
- Water conservation – No water required
- Saves operating expenses – Low energy consumption
- Lowest capital cost – No auxiliary equipment is needed, such as baghouse, screen, cyclones, process dust collectors, air locks, and system fans
- Fines removed from the crushed stone are dry and can yield profits when sold for aglime or filler in various markets
Limestone, diabase, gabbro, granite, trap rock, sandstone, basalt, sand and gravel, calcium carbonate, silica, feldspar, fly ash, kaolin clay, iron ore, diatomaceous earth and coal.
Sturtevant has been processing materials in crushing, grinding, blending and air classifying equipment since 1883. If you would like to receive assistance with your processing application, please contact us.